To Vlog or Not to Vlog? Um…Vlog! No Question.
May 12th, 2015|
This post was written by Jenny Madison, Copywriter at cj Advertising.
For years, cj Advertising has been singing the praises of video content. And why wouldn’t we? Video drives traffic to your site and encourages visitors to linger, click, or even call. Our tracking confirms the research: Video content works.
In addition to the videos we produce for you, you can knock your brand out of the stratosphere by simply entering the vlog-osphere!
In this age of constant information, video blogging, or vlogging, is an alternative way to capture and sustain your cyber audience. Also, vlogging not only improves your brand’s visibility and connection with its audience, but that “face time” works wonders for brand trust.
That’s why cj’s Creative Strategist, Bill Filipiak, has created a new vlog series that not only offers tips on how to vlog, but also demonstrates the vlogging process. In other words, Bill is practicing what he preaches. Can he get an amen?! Click to see all of Bill’s vlogs.
Video + Blog = Vlog (a real word)
You may be scratching your head and asking yourself why you should vlog if you’re already blogging and tweeting. Our resident SEO specialists offer a few more reasons why vlogging should be a part of your online marketing strategy:
- A vlog is an excellent brand exposure tool.
- Your vlog will likely live on a massively popular site like YouTube.
- The audience that your vlog reaches will in turn increase traffic to your website.
- More traffic gives you more authority in the search engines (Google, Bing, etc.).
- A vlog can convey a message or an emotional connection that text alone cannot.