Tort Report (Avaira Contact Lenses, Infuse Bone Graft)
June 15th, 2012|
Recent Changes to Your Website:
- Denture cream nerve damage has been removed. Case eligibility ended on May 28.
Two new options are available:
- Avaira contact lens recall
- Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft
Developments in the Tort World:
- CooperVision Inc., a large manufacturer of contact lenses, has issued two separate recalls of contact lenses made by the company: Avaira Toric and Avaira Sphere. Both brands of contact lenses were recalled as a result of an increased level of silicone oil residue, which can cause severe eye pain and injuries requiring emergency medical treatment.
- Cory Watson Crowder & DeGaris is currently investigating cases.
Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft:
The Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft is used to initiate bone growth in specific, targeted areas of the spine. It contains a man-made liquid form of bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) that has been linked to serious and potentially fatal health problems including:
- compression of the airway and/or neurological structures in the neck
- difficulty swallowing (sometimes severe), breathing, or speaking
- irregular bone growth
- nerve pain or nerve damage
- Bohrer Law Firm is investigating cases.
For a complete list of the torts we’re tracking, see the Mass Torts Matrix.