Arnie Malham - Founder/President of cj Advertising and Legal Intake Professionals
While selling TV airtime at a local affiliate, Arnie Malham created a small side venture to help a few clients market beyond just the TV station. In 1994, that venture ultimately got him fired and quickly became his best and only career option. Without a clue as to how to run a company, Malham repeatedly got it wrong when it came to hiring, firing, and everything else related to building a business. Armed with his beliefs that different is better than good, outliers are fascinating, and mindset is everything, he persevered.
Thanks to hundreds of business books, dozens of patient mentors, and a universe conspiring to help him, Malham stumbled upon a bold, culture-first approach that gave his fledgling company the momentum it needed. cj Advertising grew to become the largest full-service brand-building agency in the country exclusively for law firms. Malham launched Legal Intake Professionals (LIP) in 2005, a call center also strictly focused on serving personal injury law firms. Both businesses were sold to separate buyers in 2017, and Arnie turned all his attention toward a concept that played a huge role in creating the successful culture of growth at both cj and LIP: BetterBookClub.com.
Malham lives in Nashville with his wife of more than 20 years. When he’s not ranting about improving workplace cultures across the country or cheering for his son and daughter at their respective colleges, you’ll likely find Arnie with his dog Katy on his side porch enjoying a decent cigar, an affordable scotch, and an inspiring book (usually all at the same time).
- EO (Entrepreneur's Organization) Nashville Chapter Forum Six – 2004–present
- EO (Entrepreneur's Organization) Nashville Chapter, Learning Chair – 2008, 2012, 2013, 2017, 2018
- Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year, Regional Finalist – 2009
- EO (Entrepreneur's Organization) Nashville Chapter, President – 2009
- DiJulius Secret Service Summit, highest-rated speaker in event history – 2012
- EO (Entrepreneur's Organization) Entrepreneurial Masters Program – 2012
- Nashville Business Journal's Best in Business Awards winner – 2012
- EO Nerve (Entrepreneur's Organization, regional conference), Learning Chair – 2015
- Published Worth Doing Wrong: The Quest to Build a Culture That Rocks – 2016
- Nashville Business Journal's Most Admired CEOs and Their Companies award winner – 2017